Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Bormioli Rocco Glass Cookie Jars

Our plastic cookie jars have lasted for many years. However, the lid seal on one of them cracked so it can’t keep the cookies fresh anymore. So I scoured the internet for best cookie jars and searched Amazon. The OXO jars kept coming up as the best, but my husband didn’t want plastic or a white top. OXO also seemed functionally the best, but he didn’t like the “look” of it. So I found another jar from Bormioli Rocco that was made of glass, and had a silver top - but it was a plastic lid. The jar could sit straight up or tilted. It seemed the right size and it came in a package of two. They arrived the same day I ordered them. One of the tops doesn’t fit correctly so we are using that jar for the candy. The opening isn’t large enough to fit the Pizelle wafer cookies through, but they are exceptionally wide - not a problem for the chocolate chip cookies. The jars actually look fine and meet the need. However, after all was said and done I realized I could have just switched the tops on the old jars because one of them was working just fine. So rather than throw them away, I’m going to find a use for them as storage for something else. It seems I can always find something to put in to a container to better organize things. I just don’t know what it is yet. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment