Friday, May 28, 2021

Storm Clouds

They said the winds reached 80 MPH! All afternoon there were storm watches and warnings. Several areas were hit a lot worse than others with multiple trees down and electricity out. That’s one of the few things I liked about living on Capitol Hill. The power lines were underground so the only time power went off was man made. We usually sit outside on the balcony in the early evening but this time only for a few minutes. Having a western exposure in our northern Virginia condo allows a view of what is to come. And it looked really eerie and creepy. There was a plane flying overhead. I can only imagine how nauseating that would feel. I have never liked thunder storms or rain or hurricanes. I used to hide under the sheets from fear. So my husband and I watched the clouds progress to what would become an almost hellish rain storm. We lasted outside until the drops came and they came in a torrent after a huge wind gust. I don’t remember seeing such an angry sky since we moved here two years ago. I suppose it’s good to have rain once in a while, but this was more like a hurricane. And that’s why I don’t like living in Florida. This was a great reminder. 














No comments:

Post a Comment