Monday, April 25, 2022

52Frames Lamp

The subject matter for this week’s photo challenge was “lamp.”  I was not “feeling” it at all. So much so that I was getting a bit angry about it. I was at a loss for what to do. We have a limited supply of lamps in our tiny condo and I couldn’t think of anywhere else to go except the antique shop down the street. But I just wasn’t in the mood to do that. So I spent an afternoon taking photos of the Dyson lamp we have in the living room, and another floor lamp that is actually a flashlight that stays lit when the power goes out. But nothing turned out decent as hard as I tried. Then I thought about the lamp that we no longer use that is sitting in the closet next to my purses. No. We just had another lamp repaired and it was sitting on a shelf waiting to be placed on a new sideboard that has not yet arrived. No. I was almost feeling desperate. Then I walked in to the bedroom in the late afternoon and noticed the lamp sitting on the glass table. The cloudy/sunny sky was lighting the area in a very interesting way. So I was under the table and next to it taking photos from every angle. But the key was bringing the final image in to the edit mode and applying a filter. The end result was almost mesmerizing! You just know when you get it right - or at least - good enough!













No comments:

Post a Comment