Saturday, April 23, 2022

Metro Smartrip Card

Not that we use it that often. In fact, we haven’t used metro for over two years for obvious reasons. When we lived on Capitol Hill I didn’t like using metro. My husband on the other hand loved it. When we first moved to northern Virginia three years ago we took the train in to town once just to see how it felt. But first we had to drive the car to the McLean metro and park. There is an option to take the bus that stops right in front of our building to the station, but the way back would be a bit more complicated since they were still constructing the bus stop areas. In the meantime two of our metro cards were expiring. That meant we could no longer use them. We found that out when we tried using them in DC last year to meet with friends coming in from out of town for the honor flight and the cards didn’t work. The metro person basically yelled at us for not knowing that but eventually helped us figuring out which cards could be used. So a couple of months ago I sent in the two cards that no longer worked to exchange them for new cards because I couldn’t transfer the funds left on line. We had taken them to the metro stop in our neighborhood to see if they could do it for us but they couldn’t - or wouldn’t. I never thought I would see the cards again until they arrived in the mail this week. Unfortunately I forgot to tell them that we needed senior cards. Since we have four cards now we will eventually quit using these. I may even try the app that has features that might come in handy again. I really prefer driving the car because there have been so many problems with metro in the news lately. But there may be an occasion that the metro cards might come in handy again. But I can’t think of any reason right now - although my husband would prefer we would find one. 










No comments:

Post a Comment