Sunday, April 10, 2022

Verizon Bill Skyrockets

Yesterday we received our monthly Verizon bill for internet and cable tv. I was shocked to see that it increased by thirty dollars! My husband and I have discussed many times how we could disconnect from cable. I’ve added a few apps to our Apple TV so our tv expenses are getting even bigger. TV is our entertainment now more than ever. I got on the Verizon website and started to compare channel line ups. Of course anything else didn’t have all the programming we like so we would be stuck with the increase - for now. So I spent the afternoon chatting with Verizon about loyalty and senior discounts - especially since we also have Verizon wireless service. We already get $10 off for auto payment. Our original contract has now run out after three years, so that’s what caused the increase along with ridiculous regional sport taxes. We don’t even watch sports! The conversation took so long - not something I wanted to do on a Saturday afternoon. The best I could do was get an additional ten dollars off. Then I wanted to check to see when the phone bill would increase and also inquired about senior and loyalty discounts. No luck there either. I was told the bill would change only if I made a change to the service. We’ll see how long that lasts. We have Prime, HBO Max, Apple TV, and Peacock. I turned off paramount and Hulu once we watched the shows we were looking for. We are probably too lazy to do the grunge work to hunt and peck for everything. I just know this whole thing is so annoying. 






No comments:

Post a Comment