Thursday, April 14, 2022

Amazon Merch Doesn’t Work After All

I was so thrilled to learn that Amazon Merch had updated their system for uploading images - but the thrill didn’t last very long. Most of my digital art can easily be uploaded to all of the sites that I showcase my LITDigitalart images - Pixels/Fine Art America, Redbubble, Zazzle, Etsy. Before I would have to resize the digital art to specific dimensions and formats, and I had to use my laptop. Since my laptop bit the dust several months ago I didn’t replace it. That meant I could no longer create new products on Amazon. So I successfully uploaded two of my newest images using the updated portal last week without any problems at all. In fact it was seamless. So yesterday I tried to upload another image and it not only wouldn’t upload, it wouldn’t even capture the file. I tried several times and tried several images. None of them worked. I rebooted the iPad. Nothing. Then I wrote a note to Merch support explaining the situation. The response was not what I wanted to hear - you need to use a computer. That just didn’t make sense since I had two successful uploads. I really liked the Amazon website because it now automatically translates the information to several markets - Denmark, UK, Italy, Germany, Spain, and Japan. So we are back to square one. Why am I not surprised? 

















No comments:

Post a Comment