Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Sunset View From the Balcony

Sunset is the prettiest and most peaceful time of the day - for me. It seems a lot of people prefer sunrise. But I am not one of them. For as long as I can remember I hated getting up in the morning. I was always a later night type of person. So it’s a balancing act when your husband is a day person and you are not. I remember as a college student walking on campus in the early evening. It was so lovely and I was so content. So when we moved to northern Virginia three years ago from Capitol Hill I wanted to make sure we had a view of the western sky. And the last thing I wanted was a bright light in the bedroom in the morning - the black out shades are a big welcome regardless. It’s still a bit too early to sit on the balcony in the evening hours, but the skies always look so interesting. When it warms up we sit out and play adventure hidden object games on my iPad for a while before we settle in to watch TV. So the other evening was quite interesting and I captured the view a few times. I really wish I was a morning person for so many reasons. It’s supposedly more healthy to enjoy the start of the day. But I’ll take the sunset anytime. 












No comments:

Post a Comment