Thursday, April 11, 2013

Happy Birthday Thomas Jefferson

April 13 is Thomas Jefferson's birthday and 270th anniversary. And because I work at the institution that houses the world's largest collection of his original documents, I thought it would be a good idea to take a peek at a few of them. Did I mention Jefferson's personal library is a huge chunk of the Library's foundation? So I walked over to the building named after him and went about my business. There were maps from Lewis and Clark, letters from Lafayette and Abigail Adams, an inaugural address... but I liked the drawing of a macaroni machine with recipe the most because it was somewhat unexpected - but not really. We've been to Monticello at least three times. Now a little of Monticello and Mr. Jefferson was here. This isn't something everyone can do on their coffee break, and get in a little exercise at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment