Thursday, June 4, 2020

A Basket of Face Masks

The last bunch arrived yesterday. I ordered cloth face masks from Caraa quite some time ago. Who ever thought you would need to wear a mask? Both my husband and I are familiar with and have worn masks at work - he as a surgeon, and me as an RN for a variety of reasons - cath lab, isolation rooms, etc. Since I don’t have a sewing machine, I couldn’t make any. However, I did make coffee filter masks using two filters, rubber bands, staples, and paper clips. They actually work really well. Since then we now have a basket of masks in the closet - my husband’s are on the right side and mine are in the left. We now have disposable paper/surgical masks; four different cloth masks - some with filters and some without. Some have ties, others have loops. Some have adjustable ear loops. The white cloth masks are actually very comfortable and were tested at Wisconsin hospitals. I felt a connection to those products having lived in Wisconsin thirty years and worked at Wisconsin hospitals. And we also have five N95 masks that we keep for rare visits to health care facilities. We had to use one last week when my husband needed a test at the hospital. I’m sure any new home built today will make accommodations for masks and hand sanitizer at the entryway or mud room. I ordered a Vizsla face mask for my daughter in law from my Redbubble website and have created mask products using my digitalart on Zazzle and Pixels/Fine Art America. Someone from Canada purchased a Wheaton terrier mask. As for us, we keep our masks simple, single color, and understated. Being in the high risk group necessitates our wearing them. I wonder how long this whole change in everyone’s life will go on? 












No comments:

Post a Comment