Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Giant Peapod App and Special Requests

I never liked going to the grocery store and I don’t really miss it - except for certain items that are not available on the app that I know are in the store. We have been having our groceries delivered since March. We like Peapod because it is essentially managed by Giant employees vs Instacart where any random person can be doing the shopping. However, Instacart gives you an opportunity to virtually shop along with the person as they go through the aisles. Substitutes can be made as well as special requests. Peapod essentially just does the shopping at the defined time, then sends you what was substituted without a back and forth. Not all items have a substitution - like chives. So I emailed Giant to see if they might be able to add a couple of items to the options - angel food cake and a small bunch of cut flowers. They responded by saying they will send the request to the next level where decisions are made to add options to the menu. When I looked at the app today I noticed that they will be introducing a new website/app that might address my problems. It looks like they will be adding a whole range of new products as well as make it more interactive - like if you want hard vs soft peaches. So that will help a lot. I’m looking forward to seeing it because we have come to rely on grocery delivery. It’s kind of like opening gifts on Christmas to see what all is in the package. What I really dislike though is the scrubbing down of everything that comes in the door. It’s becoming more of a routine. But I don’t have to like it - whether the food was delivered or if we did it ourselves. 












No comments:

Post a Comment