Saturday, June 13, 2020

The Eye Doctor Visit

We don’t want to go anywhere unless we have to - especially when it comes to doctor visits. Some are unavoidable; others can wait. We both have had virtual doctor visits that went very well. But you still need to go in to get blood work drawn and other routine xrays. My husband had cataract surgery in February and then in March - just before everything closed down on March 13. He hadn’t had a follow up visit until yesterday. It was rescheduled a couple of times because we didn’t want to go in to the office. The sad thing is is that we always do everything together. Now, you have to go alone. It’s a very odd experience for us. Luckily, we purposely moved to a neighborhood where not only the dentist and doctor are literally less than one block away, the eye doctor is located across the street. So my husband got his mask and gloves on and walked over. I watched him from the balcony and since it was so nice outside, decided to wait for him there. He came back in about forty minutes. He said everything was managed very well and the staff was wonderful. It still amazes me that you can take an eye pressure without direct contact. He needs to go back in four months. I’m supposed to go in July but am in no hurry. Next week I need to walk across the street and get some blood drawn. It seems when there is nothing going on the routine activities of daily living become an annoyance. Speaking of routine activities - it feels just like yesterday when I did the house dusting. It’s already time to do it again. Time is passing us by rather quickly. It’s just not what I had in mind when I retired four years ago. One of my friends from the Midwest always said you needed to have something to look forward to. I’m not sure what that is. 








No comments:

Post a Comment