Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Physician Video Visit

It’s just so much easier! I always dread going to the doctor office for just about anything. But having high blood pressure and assorted other things, annual visits are an expectation. Lately it’s been every six months. But since we moved from Capitol Hill to northern Virginia it took a while to find a new doctor. So my husband and I made appointments to see Dr. R in an office that is literally right across the street from where we live. Since my husband needed a pre op screen in January for cataract surgery, he saw another physician at the same clinic and decided to stick with him. He was having a little health issue a couple of weeks ago and we set up a video conference call with his doctor. It went really well. So when it came time for my new patient visit, I decided to have a video call as well - rather than go in to the office. I made sure everything was set up - using the medical clinic app and the zoom app on my iPhone, and completed all of the paper work and medical history on line. I had already requested my old medical records be transferred over months ago. Dr. R was right on time, and the conversation was easy. It took the entire half hour reviewing all my meds and past history. Basically I wanted to establish a connection with a new doctor primarily for prescription refills and routine exams. In the end I still need to have blood work drawn and get a bone density and mammogram done. If anything changes because if this virus, virtual visits are very convenient for everyone on all levels - even when you live across the street from the office. My blood pressure and I wouldn’t want it any other way. 






No comments:

Post a Comment