Saturday, June 20, 2020

Mom’s Bromeliad

It’s got a long way to go. And I’m hoping it lasts as long as they say it should. The bromeliad plant has a new shoot - not just one, but two! The plant was a gift from our friends after my mother passed away in February. It unexpectedly arrived as a way to remember her. When one of their mom’s died, they received a bromeliad. Every time it blooms it’s a reminder and brings back memories. I must be doing something right if the plant has two shoots. I’m not sure what else I need to do at this time except continue watering it like I have been and keep it in the same spot. It’s sitting on a stand in the corner of the dining room getting indirect light and a bit of afternoon sun. I have a way smaller version of this plant on the plant console table. I cut back the main plant once the second one started to take off. But nothing else has happened and there have been no additional blooms. Hopefully something will happen with Mom’s plant. I was thinking the other day that the funeral was such a whirlwind that we haven’t yet seen the headstone at Florida National Cemetery. My Mom is right next to my Dad. So I’m thinking I might get flowers delivered for their anniversary on July 4. I’m glad they are together again, but it’s taking a while to get used to it. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment