Monday, June 22, 2020

Heron, Crane or What?

I find most animals and birds interesting - except the crows that are staring us down on our balcony lately. One landed literally right next to my husband as he sat across from me - then flew back around and landed right next to me. Hekyll and Jekyll aren’t funny anymore. They must be looking for something on our coco lined baskets because there is evidence of tampering and broken flowers. Today when we walked to the park we saw an unexpected sight - a very large bird sitting in the little stream/river. He was alone and at quite a distance. I am too lazy to look up exactly what it was but am guessing that it was probably a heron, but maybe a crane? As we tried moving in to get a better glimpse, he flew away. And the wing span was massive. Unfortunately I didn’t have my camera ready to get the movie - but it was majestic. We didn’t see him anywhere down the line as we continued our walk. We haven’t been walking in the park lately because there are too many people on the narrow path and hardly any of them wear masks. I only wave at the people who wear them and at least try to make an effort to protect us from them vs only the other way around. The park offers more shade in the heat and more interesting critters than the neighborhood sidewalks. So, if you know what this bird is - please tell me!














No comments:

Post a Comment