Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Convenient Doctor Office

It couldn’t be any more convenient. In spite of that I wasn’t looking forward to going to the doctor office to have routine blood work drawn. I had a virtual visit with the doctor two weeks ago to get on record there. When we moved to northern Virginia last year from Capitol Hill, we needed to change doctors. We selected doctors primarily based on location, and it is right across the street from our condo building. You literally go out the door and you are there. The only difference now is all the COVID precautions one needs to take. And, my husband and I always went together for all of these things. So it was very odd to go alone. So I put my N95 mask on, one glove, and walked down the stairs. I waved to my husband who was on the balcony watching me pass by. The building was pretty empty and the elevator was clearly marked for two people only. Before I got in to the office, the nurse took my temp and verified my information. They were extremely careful about keeping social distancing and spacing out patients in between lab draws. I could hear the tech spraying down the room before I entered. It didn’t take very long and I was home. Even with hand sanitizer and minimum contact I still feel like I am covered in cooties - especially since I had to leave a urine sample in the bathroom. I also forgot to pick up the prescriptions for annual radiology tests. I think I’ll call and ask them to mail them to me. I am not in any hurry to get anything done anyway. As for the blood work? It is supposed to be available in three business days. There is usually a problem with cholesterol in spite of my best efforts with diet and exercise. I am cursed with high blood pressure and bad cardiac genes - which makes me all the more wary of having contact with anyone. So now I’ll be worried about cooties and lab test results. I wish I had my husband’s personality - easy go lucky and calm - regardless of the circumstances. 












No comments:

Post a Comment