Sunday, January 3, 2021

52Frames Self Portrait

I’m not really a photographer but I love taking photos - ever since I can remember. My dad also liked taking photos and had a very complicated looking contraption with manual settings. We used to watch his slides that he took on the wall with a projector. I had a Swinger instant camera in the 60’s, one of the first Sony video cams, one of the first digital cameras that used discs, and assorted Sony cameras. Once the iPhone came along that’s all I use now. So when I joined 52frames about six weeks ago on the encouragement of a friend, taking a photo challenge each week is the primary goal. This week happens to be “self portrait” to start off the new year. Some of the challenges are easier than others. Luckily we can drive in to DC for a broader range of options; there is the park in the neighborhood for outdoorsy things; and then there are the four walls to try to be creative. So “self portrait”was a four walls challenge - for me. I had a photo from my recent birthday that I used to sketch on my iPad. Usually I’m painting pet portraits which are a lot more complicated and take a while to complete. A simple sketch doesn’t take that long. A few other ideas popped in to my head but I couldn’t execute them without a tripod. It was hard enough to take the photo using my left hand. So, it’s an interesting way to spend time each week and then see how everyone else interprets the subject matter. Next week the challenge is lines that lead to something. I have a feeling that’s going to be a bit more complicated. 











No comments:

Post a Comment