Friday, January 15, 2021

52Frames_getlow Challenge

Depending on your perspective, “getting low” for the 52Frames photography challenge this week was interesting. My interpretation was looking up at something to make it seem larger than life, but also focusing in on the detail of an object that is low to the ground. I had an idea to use Fala at the FDR Memorial as the subject. So we drove over to the Tidal Basin, parked by the MLK Memorial, and walked over to a favorite spot in DC. In order to take the photo, I needed to crawl in to the space where FDR and Fala sit. Since I was so close to the subject I wasn’t able to pull back as far as I would have liked. I also tried taking photos of the breadline and Eleanor. My husband was taking photos of me to show how ridiculous it all looked to get the right shot. We then walked over to the MLK Memorial along the Tidal Basin path. I’m still amazed that there are no guard rails along the way. One little slip and you would be in the water. During the week I tried to get a couple more photos in the park just to see if something else was more appealing. But the chewed up tennis ball, leaves, park bench, broken glass, and children’s book at the library didn’t match up to the original idea. In the end I selected Fala with a twist. I added a tiny photo of me taking the picture on the rock in front of the subjects. Probably it won’t be noticed, but it was the best part of the challenge. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment