Saturday, January 2, 2021

Inspector Morse and Omega Watch Music

Some music just “gets to you.” And some of it comes from very unusual places. When I’m painting I like to listen to Vivaldi and such on Pandora. Otherwise everyone has a playlist of their favorite tunes on a device. When I worked at the library of Congress I brought my phone with me and tuned in to my favorites while taking a walk in the afternoon. Some of the PBS Masterpiece shows have beautiful orchestral and other pieces. One of our favorites is the music from Inspector Morse. It’s very haunting and the composer was a guy by the name of Barrington Pheloung. It was sad to hear that he died a year or two ago. But a more unusual piece was discovered during a tv commercial about Omega watches. It’s another beautiful orchestral piece that crescendos from simple to full out. I found it on you tube and there is a ten minute version. I could listen to it over and over. For whatever reason it brings on a lot of different memories and thoughts totally unrelated to the music itself. It just stirs some kind of emotion. So I got both tracks on iTunes and have them in my library along with all the others that remind me of my past in some way. My husband never noticed the music that was played while watching a movie. And even to this day I need to remind him to listen up. For whatever reason I hear the sound immediately. My grandfather played the horn. Maybe it’s in my genes. 







No comments:

Post a Comment