Tuesday, January 26, 2021

52Frames Water Challenge

I’ve been participating in the 52Frames weekly photo challenge for 10 weeks. I don’t consider myself a photographer; rather, I love taking photos. I used to have a Sony camera before the iPhone came around. Since then, the iPhone is all I use - primarily for this photo blog, and now for the weekly photo challenges. Last week was “water” so we decided to drive out to Great Falls in Virginia to see if anything would work. In the meantime I tried to get creative using a water bottle and sunlight; looking in to the water of the wall vase, and the usual park streams and leaves. I really wanted to get a photo at the Capitol reflecting pool but the city was choked off from any traffic due to the inauguration. I ended up selecting one of the four Great Falls options because I loved the color of the water and the frothy waves that looked like tire treads. This week is “horizon.” Because it’s icy and snowy today we will need to wait until tomorrow to search for something that’s interesting. Once the photos are posted to the website people can comment on them. It’s another way to pass the time as we remain cooped up in the house. It’s a great excuse for a ride in to DC, or anywhere else. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment