Wednesday, January 13, 2021

FDR Memorial and Fala

In an attempt to get a photo for the 52Frames photography challenge this week, we drove over to the tidal basin to one of my favorite places - the FDR Memorial. The location is simply lovely nestled in the forested area. It’s even more spectacular in cherry blossom time with the fountains running, but in winter they are not. We had the place completely to ourselves; however, the presence of helicopters and police was sort of unnerving. But I was on a mission to take a photo of Fala, the Scottish terrier standing beside the President for the “get low” challenge. Along the way we walked through the entire exhibit including Eleanor and the Great Depression line. In order to get the image from Fala’s perspective I needed to crawl in to the memorial and literally lie on my back. My husband was taking photos of me doing this all along the way. After all, the idea was to get down to the level of the dog and make Fala look as big as her owner. In the end I liked one photo more and my husband liked another one. I usually post the image he prefers, even if it’s against my “artistic” judgment. It was an interesting way to spend the morning - all for the sake of a photo challenge! 






























No comments:

Post a Comment