Sunday, January 10, 2021

Covid Vaccine Scheduled

Our son was the first in our family to get a Covid vaccine. He is a cardiac surgeon and obviously it is highly recommended. He just got his second dose last week. My husband falls in the next grouping of candidates because he is over 75 years of age. We were wondering when and how we would find out when the vaccines would become available for us because there has been a lot of communication on the news, etc. I didn’t want to have to sit out in a line somewhere and hope for the best like in Florida. Ironically, yesterday we received an email from Virginia Hospital Center that my husband could sign up and schedule a shot. So I immediately got on line to schedule. The first try or two was difficult because the times were being scooped up faster than I could schedule. So I selected a date that was later in the week and succeeded. The available doses extend through the first week in February. Since we go to VHC physician group we are already patients and we could easily sign in for early registration to avoid delays at the site. We have to travel to Arlington to a central location rather than cross the street to our regular clinic, but it’s worth the short drive. So instead of having to go only twice, we will need to go four times because I am in the next group - which I’m sure won’t be called up for a while. It’s just nice to see that the process has begun in our state and that my husband and I will have more peace of mind having done this. He thought about waiting until it was my turn too, but I didn’t think he should. So the appointment is made and we have had email reminders fir early check in and we are both looking forward to it. So if we need to see a dentist or anything else we can feel a bit more comfortable. After almost a year of hibernating, at least it’s another way to stay safe. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment