Sunday, January 17, 2021

MLK Memorial

On Monday we went to the Tidal Basin and were able to park by the Martin Luther King Memorial before all the inaugural road and bridge closures. The area was devoid  of pedestrians, and there was an enhanced police presence with helicopters. I was on my search for a 52frames “get low” challenge photo and spent most of my time at the FDR memorial with Fala the Scottish terrier. After that, we walked over to the MLK Memorial and it was also starkly empty. In order to capture a “get low” image, I needed to literally lay on my back. My husband captured the oddity of it all. In the end I didn’t use the photos from MLK for the challenge, but got a few lovely images to celebrate the MLK holiday tomorrow. The memorial is located on the tidal basin and is surrounded by the Washington monument, Jefferson Memorial, and all the other landmarks in the area - the Lincoln, Korean, Vietnam Memorials. In spite of what all has gone on in the Capitol city, it was a wonderful way to spend the morning. And we had it all to ourselves. I wonder if that will ever happen again?






























No comments:

Post a Comment