Thursday, January 28, 2021

Taking Photos Lying Down

Sometimes you just need to get on the ground to get the right angle for a photo. I must admit I never did it before, but since I joined the 52Frames weekly photo challenge I need to look at things a little bit differently. So when the “get low” challenge came along, we drove over to the Tidal Basin because I wanted to get a photo of Fala at the FDR memorial. Luckily, there was no one else in sight so it made things much easier - for me. While I was there, my husband took pictures of me taking pictures of them. Not only was Fala a subject, but the bread line and Eleanor were too. Since my only camera is an iPhone, I can’t get the exact shots I would hope for. I primarily take photos for this blog, and 52Frames is an excuse to stay occupied for a while every week. After we left the FDR Memorial we walked along the Tidal Basin over to the MLK Memorial. Usually these places are packed with visitors, but being winter, and with all the extra security measures in town, we were about the only ones there. So I tried the same technique with MLK. All in all it was a very pleasant morning after we walked over to the Korean, Lincoln and Vietnam Memorials. Everything is pretty close together. Since we moved to northern Virginia from our Capitol Hill neighborhood we try to drive in at least once a week. This is a good excuse. 










No comments:

Post a Comment