Sunday, January 31, 2021

52Frames_Horizon

At the suggestion of a friend, I joined the 52Frames weekly photography challenge. It’s been eleven straight weeks. I’m not really a photographer, but I enjoy taking photos. The iPhone is my camera of choice since I don’t own a “real” camera. And If I was to upgrade, it would be the latest iPhone. Right now I’m using an iPhone 8plus. So to find some “horizon” shots we drove down the GW Parkway to the Lyndon Baines Johnson Memorial Grove that is located near the Pentagon. There were boundary channel photos where we walked over the foot bridge to the grove. Then we walked along the foot path next to the GW Parkway and I tried to get a clear view of the Washington monument. It was difficult because of all the traffic. Then we walked towards the Marina. Across the way is the Pentagon, but before we got there we saw a bunch of geese near the outdoor closed restaurant/shack. I would have loved to run in to them, but they are mean and ornery. On the way back we stopped at the memorial grove. We had been there a couple of times before, but never in the winter. In the spring the place is filled with daffodils. On the way home we stopped off at two scenic overlooks, but I wasn’t impressed with the views or the photos. I ended up selecting the view of the Washington Monument from the GW Parkway because it actually captured six to seven “horizons” with some greenery to frame the image. The quality of the photos isn’t the best, but I gave it a try and did my best. My husband is a great photo assistant. His opinions and suggestions are extremely helpful. It’s a way to spend some time every week doing a bit of creative activity - something we can all use about now. 






























No comments:

Post a Comment