Wednesday, March 24, 2021

52Frames_windowlight

This week’s 52Frame’s photo challenge was all about window light. I struggled a bit with this one. I usually like to be outside somewhere - either in the neighborhood park or for a drive in to DC to find something apropos. I spent one entire day fooling around with ideas in the house - especially since it would be the one day with bright light. But that wasn’t the idea - I don’t think it mattered if the light was bright, just that it was natural light. Whenever I try to get “artistic” the outcome isn’t really that great. By artistic, I mean out of the ordinary of what I typically do. I like to take photos for this blog, but also for memorable personal scenes. So sticking a bird behind a shade didn’t do it; following rainbows on the walls and floors weren’t any better; using mirrors and reflections and windows as backdrops didn’t seem to do much for me. Then on Sunday I was sitting on the couch sipping the last bit of our nightly dose. The balcony door was open facing the western sky and the best idea popped up. The light shining through my fingers and glass just seemed right. So I submitted that image and was happy about it. Sometimes the best photos come at the most unexpected and least planned times. 































No comments:

Post a Comment