Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Candy, Chocolate, Cookies and Apples?

I’m not sure how he does it, but my husband is a sugar monster. He drinks his coffee and tea with several sugar cubes. The kitchen cupboard is full of his favorite treats. There are chocolate chip cookies and other assorted types along with Werther candies. Candies are kept in his pockets and in the car. The refrigerator bin is filled with candy bars and Hershey kisses. The only chocolate I have is one Hershey kiss after dinner. My favorite dessert is angel food cake. The funny thing is that every evening we have fruit for a snack. The healthy fruit off sets the negative sugar. So we always have to have at least eight to ten Granny Smith apples stocked. The supple of apples dictates when we go to the grocery store. Along with the apples we always have mandarin oranges and seasonal fruit like watermelon or nectarines when they are in season. My husband’s blood sugar is always normal, whereas mine hovers close to and a little beyond the maximum range. I like to think it’s because of the hypertensive controlling meds I’ve been on for most of my life and nothing to do with what I eat. These days it’s worth having something that’s pleasant. So in this case it’s candy, cookies, and chocolate - mixed in with a bit of fruit. 










No comments:

Post a Comment