Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Broken Frame

We have had it for a long time. It’s a picture frame that is made out of metal pieces with hues of green and blue. Inside the frame is a photo of me and my husband in Iran. It was taken in 1996. I am wearing a chador that my husband’s brother made for me. I didn’t need to wear it most of the time, but I had to for this place - a very religious site. So when I was dusting around it the other day, I haphazardly placed it back in its spot. A few seconds later it came crashing down to the floor. All of the tiny metal pieces around the photo splintered apart. They are a decorative element. So I gathered them all up and placed them in a baggie - thinking one day that I will eventually glue them all back in place. Since the frame - from a distance - looks the same, I haven’t been inspired to put it back together. I will hang on to the metal pieces. I just don’t feel like doing anything about it - now. 










No comments:

Post a Comment