Monday, March 8, 2021

It’s Done - Fairfax County Health Department Second Covid Vaccine

I have to admit that I was anxious whenever I heard my Florida high school classmates and Wisconsin friends were all getting vaccinated for covid. My husband got his first vaccine in January. I registered with the Fairfax county health department on January 18 and received my first Pfizer vaccine on Valentine’s Day - two days after my husband received his second Moderna dose. So yesterday was the long awaited second dose day and we didn’t have to deal with an ice storm this time. The parking lot was full, but everything was in motion. As we pulled in to our spot I received the text message to let them know we were in the parking lot. Shortly thereafter we were asked to enter the building. As was with the first dose, the process was seamless - except this time we needed to wait in line for a very short time. It felt like being in the queue at Disneyworld that included that same excitement. The whole experience was very pleasant from start to finish. All of the staff make you feel most welcome and are extremely kind. Since we haven’t interacted with anyone for a year it does feel weird just being inside of a building. Everyone was so polite and warm. After waiting for the 15 minutes following the injection, we drove back home. The most difficult part this time was the unexpected traffic on a Sunday afternoon for a 4:45 appointment and the fact that my arm is sore at the injection site. I’m expecting side effects but so far so good. I am filling in the “v-safe” questionnaire every day. So in two weeks an immunity milestone will be met. I’m not sure how much it will change our behavior, but I am so relieved and thankful that my husband and I had this opportunity. 



























No comments:

Post a Comment