Thursday, March 4, 2021

The Evening Sky

It was from 6:05 to 6:21 PM. The view from our balcony was simply lovely. I wouldn’t live in a place that didn’t have a western vantage point. So when we moved to northern Virginia almost two years ago from Capitol Hill, it was a big item on the wish list. I am a night person and the early evening hours are my favorite. The idea of waking up in the morning is not my cup of tea and hasn’t been for as long as I can remember. I don’t know how I managed all those years working the first shift. With spring coming and daylight savings switching back soon things look so much brighter. And the fact that I am getting my second vaccine this Sunday gives us some hope after being cooped up for a year. So it’s with a great deal of pleasure that I can see and feel the sunlight in the afternoon and watch the sky turn in to night. I am looking forward to sitting out on the balcony - the only place without a mask - and relaxing, playing video games with my husband, or just doing nothing. Having another “room” to use is so therapeutic. 














No comments:

Post a Comment