Monday, March 1, 2021

Fairfax County Second Covid Vaccine Appointment

I got my first covid vaccine on Valentine’s Day. I had registered for the vaccine on January 18th and the “invitation” to schedule came just a few days before the scheduled time. We had to drive to the Fairfax county government center - but it hardly mattered as long as I would get it. The process from start to finish was seamless, and it was even a “happy” occasion. I was thrilled to have the opportunity that so many others are still waiting for. My husband got both of his Moderna vaccines through Virginia Hospital Center using our patient portal to schedule and then was rescheduled the same day he got his first vaccine. For me, I would have to wait until a second “invitation” came and was hoping it would work as smoothly as the first. After hearing so many horror stories on the news and such, I never felt quite confident. On Saturday the “invitation” email arrived and I jumped right on it. I selected the 2 PM time slot, and by the time I submitted the request it didn’t go through because the time was already filled. So I tried again at the 5 PM time slot and it went through, and I could finally breathe again. Next came the “request acknowledged”email, followed shortly thereafter with the “scheduled appointment” email. So I am set for this Sunday at 5 PM - almost a year exactly from the date we started our hibernation on March 13th of last year. I’m hopeful there will not be a threat of an ice storm like the last time. Yesterday afternoon we had our monthly cousins zoom get together and everyone was so looking forward to spring. If nothing else we all feel psychologically uplifted from getting the vaccine, and happy that winter - and the confinement - will soon be behind us. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment