Monday, June 14, 2021

52Frames_door

When the 52Frames photo challenge called for “doors” last week, I knew we would need to go to Old Town Alexandria to take the perfect image. The 1700’s beautiful townhouse and row house doors are a sight to see. We parked the car on Fairfax Avenue and started walking. We could have walked for hours but it was too hot, and I had enough options to pick from. I posted some of my favorites on Instagram and my Facebook business page to see which ones stood out. My husband and I never agree on the best photo, so that’s one way to get an idea of other people’s opinions. I really liked the red door behind the metal fence, and a the turquoise door with an interesting knocker and wreath. An additional piece to the challenge was to “tell a story.”  Based on that we both decided the skinny “alleyway” door that was open between two row houses looked weird and spooky. On the door was a sign that read “beware of the cat,” and the length of the pathway yonder looked scary enough. I don’t think it was technically the best photo, but it sure was unusual. I don’t think I ever end up picking out the right image for this challenge. After all, I’m not a photographer, but I love to take photos. And I’ve had to learn a few different techniques with my iPhone to meet the requirement each week. It’s also been a fun “hobby” over the last year given our limited ability to do much of anything. This week’s challenge is “macro.” I have something in mind, but it rarely turns out the way I’d like it to. 




















































No comments:

Post a Comment