Monday, June 28, 2021

52Frames_justbreathe

Another week, another photo challenge. I thought I might have made a bit of an impression last week with my macro photo of my charm bracelet with the New England charms and the whale with the hinged jaw, but I didn’t.  I did get more comments on that photo than my usual entries, but I can’t compete with the real photographers out there. I’m using my iPhone for all my photos, while most of the others have equipment and use terms I have never heard of. The weekly challenge has made me a better picture taker. I even have an app that I’ve used for things that I can’t do with just an iPhone. Last week’s subject was “just breathe.” I thought about using our stethoscope, but that was too literal. So we went in to town and searched for images that make me feel calm. The Capitol reflecting pool is a place that we have frequented over the almost 15 years of living in the DC area. We have witnessed many events there, but I most like it when we just sit there and observe our surroundings. Since the sun was overhead we couldn’t get our shadows on the water. So we moved along to the next best things- the pond next to the American Indian Museum. It was surreal in the light and the pastel and watercolor effect on the water were enchanting. I could sit there all day and it’s just mesmerizing. Of course, we had to visit the gardens down by the Smithsonian Castle where the flowers are simply captivating, and a few good photos emerged from there too. It was a nice challenge because it was really left up to your personal preference rather than a specific technical technique. I’m sure my image this week won’t get much attention. But it doesn’t matter because both my husband and I really liked it. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment