Monday, June 7, 2021

52frames_music

I used to play the organ, but that was a long time ago and we don’t have that or any other musical instrument in our house. I looked around for my old charm bracelet that I knew had an organ charm, but the photos didn’t look good. My husband likes to drum his fingers so I thought about a pan and some chopsticks. But he isn’t much for posing for photos like this. He was listening to music with his earphones and iPad, but I wasn’t impressed with the result. So for last week’s 52Frames photo challenge we decided to drive down to the national mall and see if anything would pop up - in my head. I was relegated to thinking about a song that inspires a scene. And there is was - the national air and space museum. It has been closed and under construction for the last many months, but the signage and tarps that surround the outside of the building are still in place. There were caricature rockets and aircraft on the fencing that hides the construction behind it. Then it hit me - a favorite Elton John song “Rocket Man.” So we walked to the front of the building on independence Avenue where I knew there was a portrait of the Apollo 11 astronauts. With the leaves hiding and the sun partially shining on the ever so young faces of 1969 I found a reasonably decent image to portray the sentiment. With a bit of enhancements the green and orange colors balanced out the black and white space suits. The real thing would have been better but this option would have to do. I love that song and remember listening to it while driving home for Thanksgiving from college. It’s a little better than a photograph, but it means a lot more. 
































No comments:

Post a Comment