Monday, June 21, 2021

52Frames_macro

The story was rather timely. And I had an idea that supported it. Every week I need to submit an image for the 52frames photo challenge. This week’s subject matter was “macro” - making tiny things look larger than life so as to see the fine details. It just so happened that a lobster man was swallowed by a whale off the coast of Massachusetts. Did it really happen? I dug out my old charm bracelet and there it was - a charm of a whale. What made this piece so spectacular was that it has a hinged jaw that opens and closes. When it is opened, there is a man sitting in the mouth fishing. Next to this charm is the state of Massachusetts (try learning to spell that as a youngster!) and a pot of baked beans. This lovely charm bracelet was a gift from my aunt. Every year for my birthday she would send something memorable to add to the bracelet. This bracelet was my personal childhood jewelry, while another bracelet holds charms of all the different places we traveled to over the years. So I spent the afternoon trying to arrange the bracelet for a decent photo. I also took several other “macro” photos to see if anything else might be better. One was of a clasp on my mother’s over 100 year old tiny Polish prayer book, while the rest were taken of booze in a bottle, flowers and bugs on the national mall. I ended up using the whale charm even though I know it’s not the best image. But I really liked the back story. I figured there would be a lot of flowers and insects and I am certain that no one else thought of this. I’m not exactly a photographer and an iPhone is my camera. It’s a great way to try and be creative. But I don’t think my images are masterpieces. 






























No comments:

Post a Comment