Thursday, June 10, 2021

Washington Radiology

The tests were ordered last July after having a virtual doctor appointment. Over the last few weeks we have been making in person appointments because we are both vaccinated. Hair cuts, dentist, eye doctor, and now radiology tests. Since we moved to northern Virginia I wanted to keep going to Washington radiology. But instead of continuing at the Chevy Chase site, I made appointments for the Fairfax site. The distance is about the same either way, but it’s easier to park and navigate. So my husband drove over with me but he was not able to keep me company due to the covid regulations. He sat in the car for the duration. It was raining so at least it was bearable. The place was packed, with masks, and spaced out sitting. Because of my particular situation the orders are always questioned but eventually were cleared up. It felt weird being by myself and resuming “normal” activity. It’s the first time I was weighed for a while and surprisingly was less than the last time. The results of the tests were sent to my doctor, and she commented on them in the patient portal. I finally got around to making an in person appointment to meet her, but that won’t happen for another three months! My husband got an appointment for this month with his doctor. Either mine is very popular or everyone is making appointments after staying away for over a year. I feel like I’ve aged about ten years - overall tired, dry eyes, skin issues, back pain at night, hot flashes even with small dose hormones, and who knows what the blood work will show. I just keep thinking about what the future holds (knowing my parents medical history) and it seems like the best is behind us. I really enjoyed not having to see doctors and dentists, but I think I will be paying for it. Being a nurse doesn’t help. At least we don’t have to go far because the office is literally across the street. It’s one reason we decided to move to this location. Let’s hope we don’t need to use it much. 










No comments:

Post a Comment