Friday, June 4, 2021

Dental Visit

It sounds like a car wash. Four weeks ago I had a “power wash” performed on my teeth and I would need to return for a “deep clean” in another month. In between visits my husband is having other issues, including implants. He could have all of his teeth replaced for a small fortune. What made it worse was we moved two years ago and we hadn’t met our new dentists yet. Neither my husband nor I had been to the dentist since the pandemic and it obviously created teeth problems. We always went every six months, but I had to cancel our first appointment because my mom passed away, and then we were stuck in the house until we got vaccinated. So today I returned for the “deep clean” which meant cleaning under the gums. That meant some sort of sedation. I was ready to get novocain, but decided to start with the topical number. It wasn’t as bad as I was expecting, but having had TMJ surgery almost forty years ago makes going for any dental procedure difficult. Now I need to return in four months rather than six, and need to start using several new appliances to keep my guns healthy. That includes a gum stimulator, extra wide floss, a proxabrush, and advanced dental picks. Having a mouth full of fillings, crowns, and wearing a night guard every night cause bacteria buildup so all of these utensils are required. I always flossed and used dental picks and brushed all of the time. Something happened over the last year - and I can feel it in my bones and my teeth. Hopefully my teeth will weather the storm and stay with me for years to come. Now it’s time to make a doctor appointment. 














No comments:

Post a Comment