Friday, June 25, 2021

In Search of Nips Chocolate Parfait

My husband is a cookie and candy monster. He keeps candy in the car and in his pockets. His favorite bits are Werther’s, Nips, and Bali’s Best. I usually order Nips snd Bali’s on Amazon; Werther’s we get at the grocery store. The last time I ordered Nips I was not able to find the usual 12 boxes that I’ve purchased fourteen times before. So I selected another option and obviously didn’t read the small print. The total was $13.99, and only when the package was delivered that we realized that there were only three boxes - which meant that each box was over $4 apiece! Now we know inflation is starting to affect just about everything. But that was ridiculous! So I went back on Amazon and saw that the twelve boxes option was once again available for $28.95. I was going to order it but decided to check out Giant to see if they had Nips. At the grocery store today we went over to the candy aisle and there they were - Nips chocolate parfait! My husband did not believe they could be found in Giant. The candy was not only there, it was on sale for $1.99 from $2.39 for a forty cents savings. So I got six boxes. I would have taken twelve but my husband didn’t want to look too greedy. So what we learned was that Amazon still has the twelve box option at the same price it always was, but that Giant also has Nips and it was even on sale. I don’t think the sale made up for the exorbitant price we paid for those three boxes that were shipped all the way from California. That just goes to show you that it’s always worth shopping around - even for candy. 












No comments:

Post a Comment