Thursday, June 24, 2021

Parking Backwards

The only time I got a ticket for parking was in the Midwest. Having grown up in a southern state, one could park in either direction along the curb. In other words, the front of one car could be parked in tandem with the front of another car. Essentially you can pull in to a parking space driving in from either direction. I don’t remember exactly when or where it happened, but I got a ticket for doing it. Well, that never happened again. When we moved to Capitol Hill almost 15 years ago we had to street park. But you could only park in one direction along the curb. There were plenty of other reasons to get parking tickets there. Since we had resident parking stickers we were spared. So when we moved to northern Virginia a couple of years ago I noticed an interesting thing - people parking their cars in either direction. I must say it does look odd but apparently it is all legal. I’m guessing the state of Virginia allows this way of parking, but I don’t think I’m going to test it out myself. That just goes to show you that states do things differently and sometimes you find out the hard way. 








No comments:

Post a Comment