Saturday, June 19, 2021

YModern and Zinamhu Digital Art Ripoffs

I’ve been painting digital art pet portraits for almost ten years. It all started when the iPad came along and my interest in art was reignited. I have my own website and an Etsy site, and upload completed portraits to Zazzle, Redbubble, Pixels/Fine Art America and Amazon Merch. I also have three children’s books that I wrote and illustrated and were self published on Amazon. Every once in a while I check out those websites - and others - to see if any one is abusing my copyright on all those images. I have reported infringements on Amazon - where someone was selling products with my paintings - and Amazon usually removed the abusers. The other day I found and keep finding several websites created by the same person using my images to sell products. The images are taken right off of my Etsy site. I looked to see how to contact them. There is an email address, but it doesn’t automatically take you to email. You have to cut and paste the address. It didn’t matter, because even after sending a cease snd desist letter, I’m still finding my images on several websites. Of course I never received an answer. That’s the problem with digital art. It’s upsetting, but there’s not much that can be done. It won’t stop me from continuing to do what I love, but it couldn’t get any more annoying. 












No comments:

Post a Comment