Wednesday, September 15, 2021

1970 Dodge Challenger

Last week the DeLorean from “Back to the Future” was on display is a glass enclosed case on the National Mall. It wasn’t the first time that cars from the national register were featured on that spot. Apparently the best time to see them is at night when the box is lit up. But we won’t be hanging around the mall at night. So this week we drove in to town to find some ideas for the photo challenge I participate in. A 1970 Dodge Challenger was featured. Neither my husband nor I are car geeks by any stretch of the imagination. But we stopped by to take a look. The crowds were a lot less sparse on a Monday morning compared to a Labor Day holiday. In fact, no one was there except the guy cleaning the glass. I can’t say I was very impressed except for the plastic seat covers that looked so familiar. My dad had them put on our Chevrolet Impala around that same time. How we could stand sitting on that plastic I’ll never know. But it was the trend back then. There are two more vehicles yet to go during this annual event. I think one is the “Smokey and the Bandit” car and another one from the 1920’s. We probably will stop by just for the heck of it. These days our options for “having fun” are quite limited. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment