Sunday, September 26, 2021

Capitol Building in the Perfect Light

We lived on Capitol Hill for thirteen years. Since we moved to northern Virginia we still take morning walks at least once a week in the city. We still like to visit the old neighborhood. It also gives me an opportunity to take photos for the weekly 52frames challenge. There is usually something in town that can be used for a given subject matter. One of the most photographed places is the Capitol building. I have so many pictures of the place at all times of the day, all seasons of the year, and during celebrations and remembrances. When the visitor center was being built I had the opportunity to see it firsthand - twice - because I worked in the infrastructure services at the library of Congress. The groundbreaking to create the tunnel connecting the library to the Capitol was one of the first events I attended. Thereafter, I walked through it frequently on breaks in the afternoon - and saw all the crowds coming to visit. The other day was bright with blue skies, and not a soul was in sight. And the Capitol looked stunning on the beautiful morning walk. 












No comments:

Post a Comment