Thursday, September 23, 2021

Flu Shot Time of Year

It’s that time of year again. We have been getting flu shots every year for as long as we can remember. I had to have them for working in health care for thirty years. And when I worked at the Library of Congress, they were offered at work. So it was very convenient. Before we moved to northern Virginia from Capitol Hill we would get my husband’s flu shot at CVS, then Safeway, then Giant. Now we both get them at Giant now that we are both retired. Since both of us are due for booster covid vaccines, we thought it might be better to get the flu vaccine first. And that’s what we did today. We usually go grocery shopping on Thursday, and depending on how long the line was at the pharmacy would dictate if we would get the flu shot today. It was not busy, so we filled in the three page paper work, got a number, did some shopping, saw our number pop up, went back to the pharmacy line that was now getting a bit congested, and headed to the area where the shots were administered. I opted for my right arm today because I like to sleep on my left side. We asked if we needed to make appointments for covid boosters and she said no. She offered to give us the paperwork to fill in before we came in again and we took it. I asked if there was a better time to come - she said earlier in the morning. We know that Pfizer approved boosters for me, but Moderna hasn’t commented yet in my husband’s case. But she said people are coming in regardless. So we will fill in the paperwork and return soon. I think you can get both vaccines at once but I’d rather wait. I’m sure the covid vaccine will eventually be mixed with the flu vaccine and hopefully things may start to resume some normalcy. I’m not holding my breath but am sure wishing it happens sooner than later. Just imagine not having to pay a dime for this convenience. 










No comments:

Post a Comment