Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Another Radiology Visit

I was just there a couple of months ago. It was time for routine and bone density screening tests so we drove over to Washington Radiology. We used to go to Chevy Chase, but since we moved to northern Virginia from Capitol Hill, the nearest location is now in Fairfax. I’ve been having back pain over the last two months - but only when I am lying on my back - my favorite sleeping position. It’s fine unless I have to move on to my side. The pain can take your breath away. So the doctor ordered an X-ray of that section. You don’t need an appointment. We arrived after noon, filled in paperwork, then waited for quite some time. There was only one person doing “routine” X-rays. Everyone who was there before and after me was called. So I asked the front desk how much longer it would be. Finally I was called back. The X-ray itself took about five minutes for three views. The tech was exceptionally nice. She showed me the films when it was done. Of course I didn’t know what I was looking at even though I’ve seen many X-rays in my nursing career. So the results should be known soon. I’m not feeling any improvement and it may rule some things out. Just taking one day at a time. 








No comments:

Post a Comment