Monday, September 20, 2021

52Frames_curves

As usual, my husband and I never agree on the photo to upload for the weekly 52Frames photo challenge. This week was “curves.” We usually drive in to DC to find photo ops, and usually have good luck with that given all the museums, architecture, gardens, neighborhoods, and general vibe. So last week I tried to get a little creative using the panorama function on my iPhone on the street in front of the Capitol and on the National Mall. We then spent a lot of time at the American Indian Museum because the building itself has a lot of curves. Another great spot was the National Gallery sculpture garden fountain. On the way over we were asked by two different groups of teenage girls if we were married over forty years, and if we would mind kissing so they could take a photo for a treasure hunt. We obliged. I should have asked them to share the photo. The fountain at the sculpture garden is also curved as was the spraying water. Then we walked over to the Hirshhorn and Enid Haupt gardens at the Smithsonian castle. I took a quick snap of the huge tarp/drape that was being installed around the round Hirshhorn museum. Then we walked through the gardens and found a few more curved options in the flowers and leaves. In the end I selected the huge draped image on the Hirshhorn Museum because everything about it was a curve, and not something everyone else could do. My husband preferred the curbed road in front of the Capitol. These days the Capitol building and DC aren’t liked so much, so I prefer to stay away from anything polarizing. Since my iPhone is my camera my images aren’t the best so I’m considering upgrading to an iPhone 13 - just for the camera. It would be a great diversion to get it set up, and my husband would inherit mine. Maybe one of these days an image of mine will get noticed on the site, but I doubt it. In spite of that, it’s a great way to stay interested in something.













































No comments:

Post a Comment