Friday, September 17, 2021

The Western Sky

I am not a morning person. I could stay up until 1 AM but force myself to go to sleep at midnight just to stay on a “normal” schedule. My husband is up at 6 AM - two hours earlier than me. Of course, when I was working I had no choice but to get up earlier. So when we moved to northern Virginia from Capitol Hill I wanted to make sure that we had a western sky exposure because sunset, dusk, or whatever its called was on our side of the building. Since my husband didn’t care one way or the other, it just made sense. When the weather cooperates we spend time on the balcony in the evening to play stupid iPad games. It passes the time, we play the game, but most importantly take in the lovely views. I never get tired of them. Even on the evenings we don’t sit outside I’m always looking to see if anything different appears. And so was the case a little while ago - things just looked interesting. And every so many minutes I check the view to see how it changed. Since I love taking photos, it was just another opportunity. As the summer turns to fall the sun is setting and tilting at a different place. I guess that’s what makes it all the more interesting. 














No comments:

Post a Comment