Monday, September 13, 2021

52Frames_Man

On Labor Day we drove to the National Mall to try and find some ideas for the weekly photo challenge. The subject was “man.” So we parked on the mall and walked over to the “Back to the Future” DeLorean that was on display in a glass enclosure. While there, several interesting subjects came upon us. One was a macho type with a bun; another was a bearded guy with hair longer than any woman; and a surprise visit by two secret service agents on bicycles. The expressions on their faces were like little kids in a candy shop - very random and unposed. Then we meandered over to the National Gallery of Art. I was on the look out for men with their kids and found several there. Unfortunately, the inside lighting didn’t help. My husband standing with Napoleon was another interesting option. On the way back to the car a shirtless runner was coming up the path and I tried to capture the grimace and toned body. Then we caught a couple of dads with their kids in some street scenes. Once we got home I love to sort through all the different options and bring the images in to the photo lab to enhance the overall presentation. As usual, my husband and I rarely agree on the photo that should be submitted. I personally liked his with Napoleon. He liked the long haired creature looking at the DeLorean. My second choice was the secret service agents. I also post the images on my Facebook business page and Instagram to see what people like the most thinking that might help with the decision. Sometimes it does help but the readers aren’t really interested in the subject matter - just the photo - unless 52Frames ends up liking any of them. So I uploaded the DeLorean, but changed it before the dead line to the secret service agents. There was just something about it that screamed masculinity. 





































No comments:

Post a Comment