Friday, July 22, 2022

52Frames 52 Picks

During a conversation with a friend back in 2019 I was acquainted with the weekly photo challenge website 52Frames. I joined it - even though my camera is an iPhone 8Plus. The idea is to submit a photo every week based on a specific topic. This week was “silhouette” and the image I uploaded was of my husband walking down the staircase at the National Gallery of Art. The top three photos are selected once the album is published. During the week 52 of the almost 2,000 items posted are selected based on creativity, technical execution, and overall story. So when an email arrived from 52Frames yesterday I was pleased to see that my photo was selected in the top 52! This is the second time and I am stunned and thrilled because photography is a hobby and I certainly don’t have the equipment nor have I ever taken any photography classes. I’ve always loved taking photos for as long as I can remember. My dad loved to take photos too. I have learned a lot over the last couple of years. The website is also interactive as you can make and exchange comments with fellow photography fans from all over the world. It’s a great way to force yourself to get out of the house too - something we all needed these last couple of years. Thanks so much for selecting my photo!














No comments:

Post a Comment