Sunday, July 31, 2022

In Memory of Martha

She was always smiling and laughing. I loved right next door to her in the dorm during our sophomore year at Florida State University. After a lot of distress and concern, we learned we were accepted in to nursing school at the same time. We spent a lot of time together over the next two years. I met her boyfriend David who would eventually become her husband. I had lost touch with Martha after we graduated but had kept in contact with her room mate Linda, who was also in nursing school. Yesterday - out of the blue - I was thinking of Martha and googled her. And to my disbelief and sadness there was an obituary notice.  Martha passed away just last month. So I rummaged through the old photos and found the graduation photos of us on that very happy day. She and I were having a conversation and then we shared a big smile. That’s how I remember Martha. Those days seem just like yesterday as everyone always says. I put a note on the funeral home website and added the photos for David to know Martha will be remembered. She always was - but much too soon for this. Rest In Peace sweet Martha. 








No comments:

Post a Comment