Saturday, July 30, 2022

Mega Millions Loser

I really didn’t want to win a billion dollars. One million would be good enough. But neither happened last night when the mega millions numbers were shown on tv. We have never bought lottery tickets. But for whatever reason - a billion, pandemic, stock market - we thought to give it a try knowing full well it was a waste of money. Never having done this I looked up where the places were that sold tickets. And there were three seven elevens within three blocks in our neighborhood. We went to the first one and got ten dollars worth. Then we drove to a second one and got one more mega million and five two dollar scratch offs. In the end we “won” four dollars on a scratch off and I think four dollars on the mega million because we got one power ball number. So that’s maybe an eight dollars win compared to twenty two dollars wasted. You can also register your scratch offs for “second chance” on the lottery website - which I never knew existed. Apparently you can also buy your tickets on line. Anyway, I was able to enter the numbers for three scratchers, but the fourth kept coming up “invalid.” So I started a chat to see if I could find out what the problem was. They said they couldn’t handle technical issues and I would need to call. It’s just not worth the hassle. So the second chance drawing is next week. Let’s see how lucky we will be! I can already tell you. 


























No comments:

Post a Comment