Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Waterpik Daily Routine

We never used Waterpiks. We used toothbrushes. My parents ended up having their own teeth in to old age. My mom always made sure we had routine dental appointments. Every time I visit a dentist they tell me I am no stranger to the dental chair based on all of the crowns and filling I have. I pay earnest attention to my teeth because I had TMJ experimental surgery forty years ago. Going to an experience hygienist is most important because of the stress a routine checkup puts on my jaw. Last week I went to a new dentist and the experience was positive. The hygienist was very gentle and thorough and I didn’t have any residual pain afterwards. But even with all of my flossing and brushing and caring for my gums there is periodontal destruction on the upper back molars. So she recommended that I start to use a waterpik. So I got a handheld waterpik last week and have started to introduce that in to my daily routine. It does take some getting used to without making a mess. I do need to eventually have a crown but I’m holding off until it is essential especially since I don’t have any pain and continue a good job keeping things clean. So I hope the waterpik helps keep the bacteria load down. My husband is currently having several dental implants put in and that includes bone grafts and a lot of drawn out processes - something I absolutely don’t want to go through. After forty years my jaw is still functioning. I’vecbeen wearing a night guard all of this time but couldn’t survive without it. Thank goodness there are things to alleviate issues like this. I’ll just keep my fingers crossed until the next check up. Until then the waterpik will become my friend. 














No comments:

Post a Comment